Icicle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PVE Horde Guild @ Spinebreaker

You are not connected. Please login or register

tipsyhunter - Hunter

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1tipsyhunter - Hunter Empty tipsyhunter - Hunter Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:34 am

tipsyhunter

Hi guys,

I was recently invited to your guild and now I have the rank "Trial".

Since I don't know - or nobody told me - how you get approved to a member, I am just going to fill out the recruitment form.
It will be online this evening.

greetz

2tipsyhunter - Hunter Empty trial period Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Crackopoff

Crackopoff
Admin

Every new member will be tested under a max 2 weeks period. Under this period we will check your raiding skills and such and when this period is over officers will talk about you and if they think you have been good enough we will promote you to member were you have the same privilege as everyone else if not you will be demoted to social.

Last edited by Crackopoff on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

3tipsyhunter - Hunter Empty Re: tipsyhunter - Hunter Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 am

Dernol

Crackopoff wrote:if not you will be demoted to social.
Or if you have shown us really bad performance/attitude, you will be kicked out from the guild.

4tipsyhunter - Hunter Empty Re: tipsyhunter - Hunter Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 pm

tipsyhunter

I will try to upload my application form as fast as possible. Since I have been realy busy, I have not had the chance yet, but I will try to do so this weekend ...

5tipsyhunter - Hunter Empty Re: tipsyhunter - Hunter Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:42 am

tipsyhunter

1. Please tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, how old are you, what are you doing for a living?
My real name is Tom. I am 26 years old this year. I am from Belgium and I live at about 20 minutes from Bruges (by car). I work in an American company, which has a facility in Bruges, where we produce power transmission for off-highway vehicles, used in mining, construction, agriculture, forestry, material handling, … My job there is to develop diagnostics and other software, to support our electronic controllers, who take care of the steering, security and the driver’s comfort.
One of my hobbies is bowling, which I play professionally. I play in a team which plays against other Belgian teams, (have an average of 175 now and increasing Wink I have to train once or twice a week … so I have a really tight schedule Wink

2. Please list your playtimes below (in-game time), be specific (e.g. Monday: 18:00 to 02:00, etc.). Do you expect those playtimes to change within the next 4-6 months?
Thuesday
Wednesday
Saturday
Sunday
I cannot put an exact hour on this, but I can be online from 19:00 to … If I know there is something scheduled, I will be online.

3. Since when are you playing WoW? What is the /played time on your character(s)?
I am playing since November 2007.

4. What is your prior guild history? What is your current guild, if any? Be detailed please, explain reasons for leaving.
My previous guild was “QuickDeath”. This is a Belgium giuld where everybody speaks Dutch. It was founded by someone I know and in fact, half of the members know each other in real life, it is a guild with a lot of friends of mine. But recently its population is going down, again (!). There are hardly no raids and everybody wants to play on its own or has no time to help you with something … That started to annoy me, because I want to take wow to the next level.

5. What is your past raid experience in WoW?
Kara, Zul’Aman, Gruul, xxx’s Lair (can’t rember the exact name right now)

6. Introduce your character, please include class, level, race, talent spec.
Hunter, lvl80, Blood Elf, Beast Master

7. Submit a link to your character profile below, armory one works fine). Try to make sure it contains the gear you'd use for PvE, or tell us something about your PvE gear in case we can't see it on armory.
I cannot get on armory for the moment. If you want to see my gear, whisper me or check be.imba.hu.

8. Please explain your talent spec to us. If you're currently specced for PvP, please post a link to the spec you will chose for PvE, and explain that as well.
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/hunter/talents.html?052030015250120531005312410053050000000000000000000005000002000000000000000000000

9. Please explain your vision on what your class should do in a raid.
That is quite obvious … I think I should do DPS. In some raids I will have to do some tanking but that should be limited to a minimum. I can stay at maximum range from a boss, so mostly I won’t be in the aoe area, which is an advantage for the healers.

I also have one remark: I don’t take adds if there are more of two. Since I am a beast master, my shots do less (or equal) damage then my pet. Some say “let the hunter take the adds, while his pet stays on the boss” … I personally think that makes no sense, because I will get all the aggro and cannot get them killed since I have to shoot them 6 times and after my second shot, I am already stunned …

10. What kind of resist gear do you have, for different resist types? Please list your unbuffed resists, in your respective resist gear.
I don’t have any resist gear items. However I do have my Aspect of the Wild to boost the party’s nature resistance and I can craft different resistance armor items with my leatherworking.

11. Which tradeskills and gathering professions do you have at 350+? Do you have any rare recipes, tradeskill-related factions?
I have skinning 450 and leatherworking 435.

12. If you have or had any other characters at level 70, please introduce them briefly, and give us a short history.
-

13. Why do you want to join Icicle?

14. Who do you know in Icicle, how do you know them?
I know Sdw and Serafyne in real life, from my previous guild. They also live in West-Vlaanderen, Belgium and sometimes visit our local pub in Bruges Wink

15. Do you accept and follow all of our rules?
What or where are the rules? :p If that small list of items on top of the recruitment form, are the rules, than it looks easy to comply to them …

16. Are you willing and able to read and use our forums, as we require?
Yes I am, although there is not much activity on the forum I see …

17. How is your latency on Spinebreaker? Do you ever lag or disconnect? Do you ever get crashes?
My latency is always about 50ms (more or less), which is quite good I think. I don’t experience any more lag. I have also recently formatted my laptop and now I have a frame rate of more or less 30 again, because that was bothering me lately. I also connected my LAN cable again (used to play wireless), so I don’t have any disconnects anymore Smile

18. How much control do you have over your playtimes? Can you sometimes stay up late? Can you arrange your dinner and other obligations before our raid times? Can you raid without interruptions?
I control my own playtime Smile

19. Are you willing - and have the time to - to farm faction, resist gear and consumables as needed for our raids, outside our raiding times?
Yes

20. Do you have anything else to add to your apply?
- I might require some help to install and configure ventrillo. Since I have always used teamspeak, I am not used to it. By the way, what is your policy on ventrilo, only the main tank and main healer talk, the rest listens ?
- Concerning the rules, I would just like to add that a friendly behavior is much appreciated. I personally hate it when people use caps and stupid abbreviations, like “wtf”, “wth”, “fo”, “noob”, “ffs”, … then I just stop listening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]